Monday, July 21, 2008

ARMY Party for Trey!

We had an ARMY birthday party for Trey this year so I bought both the kids a camouflage shirt to wear for his party. When the other kids arrived we gave them all bandannas to wear around their heads and dog tags with their names on them. You have to dress the part for the party you know!!!


We also painted all of the kids faces with a little camo paint. Lantz tried to give me some pointers on how I should do it over the phone. I know I didn't cover their whole face and I didn't start with light green under their eyes like he told me to, but they all thought they were pretty cool with camo paint on.


For "chow" we had hot dogs, chips, fruit, veggies, cake, and ice cream. The kids favorite part of the whole meal was the Kool Aid drinks. I think I bought 10 packages of them and there was only one left the next day!



Grandpa Alan helped me make an obstacle course for the kids to run through. They had to climb up the swing set and go down the slide, swing across a rope over a baby pool of water, walk on a balance beam, crawl under some rope, climb over a wall, crawl through the big black tube and then run around the house back to the starting point. Uncle Chad was the enemy fire. While the kids were crawling under the ropes he squirted them with a water gun. I'm not sure who had more fun....the kids doing the obstacle course or the adults watching the kids do the obstacle course. It was a lot of fun. Karson was demonstrating how to go under the ropes when I was taking the picture. She was really good at the obstacle course.










Trey had a lot of fun opening up all of his presents. He was very polite and thanked everyone for the gifts. Trey got a Leapstar and a game to go with it, an army helicopter, a batman toy, a whole bag of goodies from Grandma and Grandpa Tipton, a Nerf gun, a Doodle pro and Etch a Scetch, some money, kinex blocks, and a new bike. Uncle Travis even remembered to leave something for Trey for his birthday before he left for Kosovo. He gave him some games to play on daddy's Playstation II and a nerf football. Grandma Pam also got him a whoopee cushion and she tried to blame it on Uncle Travis but we know the truth.

No comments: